SMA Magnetics Sp. z o.o. is a member of SMA Solar Technology A.G. Group the World leader in PV energy conversion and energy management systems that sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. SMA builds the highest efficiency products with significant market footprint.
Currently we are looking for:
Development Engineer Mechanics
Experience: Mid-Senior/Senior level
Location: Zabierzów, nearby Kraków
If you are keen to have your own contribution to fast changing world of renewable energy the SMA Group is place to be. The available mid-senior position is located at SMA Magnetics Sp. z o.o. in Zabierzów, Poland. Successful candidate will benefit of working in interdisciplinary and flexible team of skilled professionals. Due to its nature, work is carried with close contact to the customer and thus flexibility and availability for travel is expected. The successful candidate will work in the team and will be reporting to the Respective Project Manager within the R&D Department.
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be highly numerate with a minimum of a Master’s degree with at least 5 years’ experience in mechanics development preferable with a strong focus on the development of high volume series and along with broad interdisciplinary mind set.
Candidates should have proven experience in the concept, design and development of electromechanical products. Knowledge and experience in the following areas is essential:
- Concept and development of functions (e.g. cooling systems)
- 3D/2D design of complex products with high demands on spatial integration
- Risk assessment and mitigation (e.g. DFMEA, tolerance calculation, design of development accompanying tests)
- Mastery of the design of a wide variety of production technologies (e.g. assembly, stamping and deep-drawn parts , die casting, injection moulding, screwing , riveting)
- Close cross-departmental coordination with all departments involved in the projects
Additional assets that would be beneficial at the position:
- Analysis of competitor products and field returns
- Power electronics system development
- Proven ability to lead change and to drive efficiency and cost reduction
- Experience in change management process
- Affinity to quality assurance during development process
The supreme candidate would also show experience in work planning and task management:
- Technical management
- Planning, implementation and coordination of work packages incl. resource planning
- Project management for subprojects
- Masters or Ph.D. and at least 5 years of industrial experience (after degree completion)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (at least B2)
- Expert in the use of SolidWorks / NX / Teamcenter
- Excellent team player
- Self-motivated, with ability to work both independently and with multiple international teams
- Highly organized and capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
In addition to relevant experience, an enquiring mind and desire to learn new skills, an ability to think innovatively, apply physical sciences to novel real-life applications and apply engineering knowledge across different disciplines are essential qualities.
As part of our Team we offer you:
- Stable employment under a full-time employment contract,
- Employment in an international company with an established market position,
- Social package: medical care for an employee with the possibility of extending the package to family members, group insurance, Multisport sports card,
- Financial bonuses for holidays and Christmas,
- Internal and external trainings,
- Positive work atmosphere,
- Flexible working hours,
- Being part of Eco friendly, renewable energy propagators Family.