Vouchers for the unemployed under 30
This article is written according to the legal status current as of: 2019-06-06
If you are an unemployed person under 30 years of age, the competent labour office may - upon your request - grant you one of the additional forms of aid, the so-called vouchers.
A training voucher is a guarantee of undergoing a training course indicated by you and financing its costs by the labour office.
The voucher guarantees financing the costs of training in the amount of up to 100% of the average remuneration. It may cover the following costs:
- one or more training courses, including the costs of vocational training courses (KKZ);
- indispensable medical and psychological tests;
- transportation to and from the place of training, in the amount of:
- up to 150 zł – if you receive up to 150 hours of training,
- from 150 to 200 zł – if you receive more than 150 hours of training;
- accommodation, if the training is conducted outside the place of residence, in the amount of:
- up to 150 zł – if you receive less than 75 hours of training,
- from 150 to 1100 zł – if you receive from 75 to 150 hours of training,
- from 1100 to 1500 zł – if you receive more than 150 hours of training.
Granting and benefiting from the voucher it requires substantiating your claim by providing a declaration of undertaking employment, other paid work or business activities after completion of the training.
If the training costs exceed the amount indicated in the voucher, you cover the difference yourself.
An internship voucher is a guarantee that you will be assigned an internship in the workplace indicated by you for the period of 6 months, provided that the employer agrees to employ you for another 6 months after the internship.
The internship voucher also covers the costs of;
- transportation to and from the place of internship – up to 600 zł – paid out in monthly tranches of up to 100 zł each;
- indispensable medical or psychological tests – paid directly into the account of the entity that performs the tests.
The employer, who fulfills the requirement of employing a designated person for 6 months after completion of the internship, receives a bonus of 1 513,50 zł. The labour office pays the premium upon the request of the employer.
Granting the internship voucher is based on the individual action plan. The same regulations are applied as in the case of the regular internship.
Granting an employment voucher is based on the individual action plan. For the prospective employer it is a guarantee of returning part of the costs borne on remuneration and social insurance contributions by the competent labour office.
The vouchers are granted on the basis of a contract concluded between the employer and competent labour office. The contract includes:
- the employer’s obligation to employ a designated unemployed person for the period of 18 months;
- the obligation on part of the labour office to return part of the costs borne on remuneration and social insurance contributions for the period of 12 months, in the amount of 100% of the unemployment benefit monthly.
Additionally, the employer is obliged to employ a designated person for another 6 months after the subsidized period.
The competent labour office may grant you a voucher for settling in a place where you plan to undertake employment, other paid work or business activity, provided that it is outside the place of your current residence. Additional requirements are as follows:
your remuneration will amount to at least the minimum wage gross monthly and is subject to social insurance contributions;
- the place of your current residence is at least 80 km away from the place where you plan to undertake employment, other paid work or business activity, or it takes more than 3 hours to travel from one place to the other;
- the period of employment, other paid work or running a business will last for at least 6 months.
The value of the settlement voucher will be indicated in the contract, however, it cannot exceed 200% of the average remuneration.
If you receive the settlement voucher, you are obliged to:
- submit to the competent labour office a document that substantiates undertaking employment, other paid work or starting a business and the declaration that the distance requirement is fulfilled within 30 days from the day of receiving the voucher;
- submit to the competent labour office the declaration of losing employment, other paid work or closing a business within 7 days from the day it happened and, at the same time, undertaking another employment, other paid work or business and the declaration that the distance requirement is still fulfilled;
- submit a document confirming that you remained employed, performed other paid work or ran a business for the period of 6 months within 8 months of receiving the voucher.
If you fail to fulfill the above requirements, you will have to return all the money you were granted within 30 days of receiving a voucher.
Expiry dates for settlement vouchers will be established by the competent labour office.
Act of 20 April 2004 on Employment Promotion and Labour Market Institutions (art. 66k-66n)
Development: Editorial team of Zielona Linia