Training loan for job seekers
This article is written according to the legal status current as of: 2020-06-16
What does it refer to?
The term “training loan” refers to a loan granted to a job seeker to finance a training course, undertaken without an assignment from the district labour office.
Who can be granted a training loan?
You can apply for a training loan if you are registered as a jobseeker and additionally meet one of the following requirements:
- you are working out your notice of the termination of the work contract or service contract for reasons related to the work place,
- you are employed by an employer who has been declared bankrupt or put into liquidation, except for liquidation aimed at privatization,
- you receive a welfare benefit granted to persons on miner’s leave or miner’s welfare allowance, defined in separate provisions,
- you participate in an individual integration programme, referred to in the provisions on social welfare,
- you are a reserve soldier,
- you receive a training allowance,
- you receive a training pension,
- you are liable to social insurance for farmers as a household member or a spouse of a farmer and you intend to undertake employment, other paid work or non-farming business activity,
- you are at least 45 years old and you work on an employment contract or perform other paid work,
- you are a foreigner with a temporary residence and work permit granted in relation to the circumstances referred to in Article 144, Article 159 par.1, Article 160, Article 161, Article 186 par. 1 points 1, 2, 4, 5 or Article 187 of the Act on aliens or temporary residence permit referred to in Article 114 par. 1, Article 126 par. 1 or visa granted for the purpose of performing work on the territory on the Republic of Poland.
What is the repayment period?
The loan should be repaid within 18 months of completing the training indicated in the contract.
How to apply for a training loan?
If you are interested in a training loan, you should apply for it to the competent district labour office.
Why is it worth applying for?
The district labour office may grant you a loan for financing the cost of training that can reach up to 400% of the average remuneration for work (see the current rates). The training loan will help you improve qualifications which will – in turn- increase your chances to undertake employment or other paid work or start a business.
The loan is interest-free.
In case of using the loan for purposes other than those specified in the agreement, failure to start or complete training, the loan shall be repaid immediately in its full amount, together with the statutory interest.
Act of 20 April 2004 on employment promotion and labour market institutions (Article 42)
Development: Editorial team of Zielona Linia