Principles regarding labour law and employment
Principles regarding Labour law and employment
- the right to work,
- freedom in concluding employment contracts and establishing remuneration,
- respecting employees’ personal rights and dignity,
- equal treatment of the workers,
- no tolerance for discrimination,
- the right to fair remuneration,
- protection of the employees’ rights,
- employees’ right to establish and join trade unions,
- employers’ right to establish and join employers’ organizations,
- employee participation.
What is employment?
Employment is a legal relation whereby an employee is obliged to fulfill his work responsibilities under the employer’s control and direction according to the type of work and position. The employer, on the other hand, is obliged to provide the conditions enabling the employee to fulfill his/her duties, and to pay out the remuneration on time.
Labour law has its rules. It’s worth familiarizing with them to make sure that your rights are respected regardless of whether you are an employer or employee.