Information and Career Centres
This article is written according to the legal status current as of: 2017-01-05
What is a centre of information and career planning?
A centre of information and career planning functions within the framework of the provincial labour office as a special unit. It is aimed at job seekers who are interested in activating classes which help expand one’s knowledge about labour market and improve one’s skills in regard to:
- being active in the labour market,
- writing a proper CV and motivation letter,
- job interview performance,
- developing one’s general skills,
- career planning.
Who may benefit from the aid offered by a centre of information and career planning?
It is aimed at people over 18 years of age who are interested in active search for a job and career development.
What kind of services are offered by a centre of information and career planning?
A centre of information and career planning:
- supports district labour offices in vocational counselling by providing specialized services in career planning to the unemployed and job seekers also remotely with the use of ICT systems,
- prepares, updates and disseminates vocational information in the province, particularly in district labour offices and university career centres,
- offers vocational counselling to employers, cooperates with and supports district labour offices in that regard,
- informs about possibilities of aid offered by district labour offices
- in cooperation with the minister responsible for labour issues, prepares and updates vocational information and other resources useful when it comes to search for a job nationwide,
- conduct methodological training courses concerned with labour market services for workers of provincial and district labour offices.
Act of 20 April 2004 on employment promotion and labour market institutions (Article8 par.8)
Development: Editorial team of Zielona Linia