Financing the costs of examinations and licenses
This article is written according to the legal status current as of: 2019-06-06
What does it refer to?
Financing the costs of examinations and licenses is realized by the district labour office at the request of an unemployed person or a jobseeker. The labour office may finance costs of examinations which result in issuance of diplomas, certificates, obtaining occupational qualifications, professional titles, as well as costs of acquiring a licence required to practice a profession. The district governor will finance the costs of examinations or licences in the amount not exceeding the average monthly remuneration for work (check the current rates).
What should you do if you want the district labour office to finance the costs of examinations or licences?
If you are interested in this labour market instrument, you should submit the application form to the district labour office competent for your registered address. You should attach the following documents, that is:
- a document that confirms that undertaking appropriate employment by you is probable (e.g. declaration of a prospective employer that he/she intends to employ you under the condition that you take an examination or acquire a license, or a declaration that you plan to undertake a business activity after acquiring a license etc.),
- a document that includes the name of the examination, certificate, license, etc., implementation date and the costs.
Why is it worth applying for?
Due to this labour market instrument you can gain new qualifications, which – in consequence – will improve your chances on the labour market.
If the district labour office accepts your application, a contract is concluded between you and the office. The contract includes:
- the name and date of examination or acquiring a licence as well as the name of the examining institution or institution issuing a licence, etc.,
- the costs of an examination or licence,
- the district governor’s agreement to finance the costs of an examination, licence, etc.; the district labour office sends money directly to the bank account of the institution,
- the applicant’s obligation to return the costs if they resign from taking an examination or acquiring a license without a justified reason,
- the applicant’s obligation to inform the district labour office about the results of an examination or the fact of acquiring a license along with the document confirming it.
Act of 20 April 2004 on employment promotion and labour market institutions (Article 40 par. 3a)
Development: Editorial team of Zielona Linia