Financing the cost of travel to a medical or psychological examination
This article is written according to the legal status current as of: 2021-01-22
You may apply for the reimbursement of the costs of travelling from your place of residence to the place of a medical or psychological examination, if you were referred to such examination by a district labour office.
You will be entitled to the reimbursement of the costs if you are registered with the district labour office as job seeker who:
- is working out your notice of the termination of the work contract or service contract for reasons related to the work place,
- is employed by an employer who has been declared bankrupt or put into liquidation, except for liquidation aimed at privatization,
- receives a welfare benefit granted to persons on miner’s leave or miner’s welfare allowance, defined in separate provisions,
- participates in an individual integration programme, referred to in the provisions on social welfare,
- is a reserve soldier,
- receives a training allowance,
- receives a training pension,
- is liable to social insurance for farmers as a household member or a spouse of a farmer and you intend to undertake employment, other paid work or non-farming business activity,
- is at least 45 years old and you work on an employment contract or perform other paid work,
- is a foreigner who has been granted a temporary residence permit in relation to circumstances referred to in article 144, Article 159 par.1, Article 160, Article 161, Article 186 par.1 points 1,2,3,4,5 or Article 187 of the Act on aliens or a temporary residence permit referred to in Article 114 par.1, Article 126 par.1 or visa granted for the purpose of performing work on the territory of Poland.
What need to be done to receive the reimbursement of the travel costs?
If you wish to receive the reimbursement, you should submit an application to the competent district labour office.
Act of 20 April 2004 on employment promotion and labour market institutions (Article 45)
Development: Editorial team of Zielona Linia