We can distinguish the following types of employment contracts:
- for a probation period of three months, in order to verify the candidate's qualifications
- for a specified period,
- for an unspecified period,
- substitution agreement.
What does the contract of employment guarantee?
- the minimum remuneration for work (2 600 PLN gross since 1/01/2020),
- the right to paid holiday leave,
- remuneration for work and sickness benefit,
- regular working time,
- special protection of certain groups of workers,
- prohibition of terminating employment contract in particular cases,
- the use of certain procedures when terminating contracts.
The contract of employment should be concise and compiled in writing, and include:
- the parties of the contract,
- the type of the contract,
- the date of its conclusion and date of commencement of the work.
(if the contract does not contain the date of commencement of the work, the employment relationship is established on the date the contract was signed)
- the type and place of work,
- working hours,
- the amount of remuneration with an indication of its components.
The period of working on the basis of employment contract (for a specified period) cannot exceed 33 months. The total period of employment on the basis of employment contracts for a specified period concluded between the same parties also cannot exceed 33 months. The employer is not able to conclude more than 3 contracts for a specified period with the same employee. The fourth consecutive contract, of that kind, is by law considered a contract for an unspecified period.
The employment contract should be concluded in writing and contain all the elements listed in the Labour Code.